Thanks for Visiting Our Website
+8801720557112 or +8801720557128 Page Visitor: Web Counter
USA Banner

Study in the USA

Book Your Seat

We are committed and dedicated to serving and supporting students like you who are considering continuing education in the United States. You will find all the tools you need to compile your necessary research in deciding if the United States is the best place for you — we have gathered valuable information on educational, social, cultural and economic aspects of studying in the U.S. The USA has the world’s largest international student population, with more than 1,000,000 students choosing to broaden their education and life experience in the United States. Nearly 5% of all students enrolled in higher-level education in the USA are international students, and the numbers are growing. From the mid-1950’s, when international student enrollment was only just reaching 35,000, international education in the USA has come a long way.

Simply the Best Quality Education

The United States system of education that has been created for students in Kindergarten through High School is the best educational system in the world. No exceptions. No disclaimers. No doubt. It is simply the best. While other countries may offer excellence in one area or offer an outstanding education to some students, the United States has created and maintained a system that serves everyone at an almost unbelievable level of quality. While no system is perfect, and the United States education system is certainly no exception to that rule, it is vastly superior to any other system in the world. The list of reasons why the United States system of education is the best in the world is long and wide. The curriculum has breadth that other countries simply would not even consider. As a nation we have placed a value on a wide and varied curriculum covering sciences, arts, language and literature. We have added societal issues to our curriculum like alcohol and drug abuse prevention, stress reduction and relaxation, and physical fitness. Many other countries would not consider adding these areas to their to-do list. Finally, size does matter. Most people who are comfortable cooking dinner for their family would struggle to cook dinner for a group of 200 people. Likewise, countries that educate thousands of students have no idea how their systems would stress if they needed to educate millions. Although critics are everywhere, it is easy to point out how small systems outshine big systems. The problem with this thinking is the belief that nothing would change if the small system would grow. The truth is that any other small system would collapse under the weight that the United States education system bears every single day. There are many reasons that students like to come to the USA to study at the undergraduate and graduate level — learn more about what the USA has to offer an international student. This section will help you focus on the main factors that students should consider when deciding whether to pursue an education in the USA. Learn More

Universities offer pre-Masters courses to progress to postgraduate courses. These are similar in many countries. Besides other all categories of programs including Bachelor, Master, PhD / Doctorate degrees are offered at many universities.

Document Checklist for Study Abroad

  • 1. Application form with $75 – $ 200 fees in various universities need for Completing the Common Application* (you'll need to create an account to get started). Your nonrefundable application fee can be paid via check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank or foreign affiliate, and made payable to Bentley University. The check must be imprinted with a U.S. bank address and contain encoded MICR routing numbers.
  • 2. Official secondary school transcript. Submit an official transcript or mark sheets for all secondary schools attended (college, gymnasium, lycee), including your most recent marks at the time of your application. Also include official results of national exams, if given in your country. Transcripts should be sent directly from a school official in both your native language and English; uncertified photocopies are not acceptable.
  • 3. Common Application essay. You can choose from any of the topics listed in the application.
  • 4. Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations should be submitted by your college counselor and one from a teacher who can speak to your strengths and talents. School officials can mail or fax directly to us or submit them through Common App.
  • 5. Senior Grades. Senior grades are an important factor in our admission decision. We will not release a decision without having some indication of your academic performance from senior year; examples include, but are not limited to, first quarter, first semester or first trimester grades. If you are an International Baccalaureate or A-Level candidate, we will consider your predicted grades in the admission process. If your school does not provide senior grades prior to our notification date, please contact our office. Keep in mind, your guidance office may not automatically send your grades, so we recommend you confirm with your guidance counselor.
  • 6. Standardized test results. We require that you take the SAT or ACT. We do not accept SAT scores from exams taken prior to March of 2016. If English is not your first spoken language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The preferred minimum scores are:

TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections.

IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 6 on each of the IELTS subsections

Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:

SAT: 3096

ACT: 1783

TOEFL: 3096

  • 7. Sponsor Support Form. If you are admitted to and elect to enroll, you must submit the Sponsor Support Form for an I-20 to be issued. If you prefer, you may complete the top portion of this form (Applicant Statement) and attach a signed letter from a parent or sponsor indicating their willingness to pay educational expenses not less than $71,296 USD generally (or its foreign currency equivalency).
  • 8. Certificate of Financial Resources Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Certificate of Financial Resources Form for an I-20 to be issued. If you do not complete this form, you must submit one of the following:
  • A bank letter from your parent or sponsor’s bank, signed by a bank official, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $71,296 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency).
  • A bank statement in your parent or sponsor’s name, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $ 25,0000 to $ 30,296 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency). It will vary from university to university.

Because some countries have limits on the amount of money that may be sent to the United States, it is important to inquire about the regulations of your country concerning the transfer of such funds. Our Center for International Students and Scholars also can assist you in preparing your documentation for visa issuance.

  • 9. Passport photocopy. If you are admitted to a university and elect to enroll, you must submit a copy of your passport page with biographical information. Please note that you must provide a copy of the passport you will use to apply for your F-1 visa (multiple passport copies will not be accepted). If you are currently studying in the United States, please submit a copy of your I-20 form and student visa.

English Proficiency Testing Results

English is the language of instruction at University. You must be able to understand rapid, idiomatic English and express yourself clearly in speech and writing.If your first language or the primary language spoken in your home is not English, you must take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). However, an applicant may request an English proficiency waiver. Waiver requests must be received by the application deadline and must accompany a complete application. The decision to waive the English proficiency requirement is at the discretion of the Board of Admissions. To submit a waiver request,

Documents are needed for Visa

All western institutions and embassies require almost the same documents for visa and admission purposes. (some documents may be ignored)

  • Passport
  • Photograph
  • Visa Application
  • Application Fees
  • Offer or acceptance letter from the University
  • Registration letter for the course / program / I20 Letter
  • Fees remittance letters or copy
  • Bank statement
  • Solvency letter
  • Reference letter by the principal or head of department
  • Valuation of property or assets or house letter by the registry office
  • Job letter / experiences letters if any
  • Educational certificates main ones
  • Hostel or lodging letter where you stay in the USA.
  • English test letter if any
  • Sponsor letter by father or mother or brother or blood related uncle
  • Air tickets if arranged
  • Own statement or intent of studying abroad like study plan.
  • Medical Health Certificates for some universities
  • Travel Insurance certificates for some universities

Documents for university admission

  • Photo copy of the passport
  • Photograph
  • Academic Certificates copies, transcripts of SSC and HSC, Degree certificates for graduate study
  • English test Certificates
  • CV
  • Reference Letters / recommendation letters by the head or Principal
  • Print copy of the Application form (online)
  • Experiences letter / job letters for graduate study / master degrees.
  • Solvency letters wanted by some universities
  • Fees payments documents

Entry Requirements:

For the pre-Masters courses, typical entry requirements are at least 3 years of higher education and UK IELTS 5.5 (minimum of 5.0 in all skills). If you do not meet the English language entry level but have at let UK IELTS 4.5 (minimum 4.0 in all skills) you can do a course that includes extended English and skills (EES).

It is also suggested that the English language entry requirements for the majority of postgraduate (Masters) programs are a minimum IELTS 5.5 to 7.0 depending on your chosen course of study.

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

University accepts results for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as evidence of English proficiency.

Internet-based TOEFL exam (IBT):

Students who are most competitive for admission will have a composite score of at least 90-100 and minimum scores of 20 in each section. The Admissions looks closely at the score for each section as well as for consistency across all sub scores within each single language proficiency test.

Indicate on the TOEFL registration form that you want your test results sent directly to University. The TOEFL code for Boston University is 3087.


Standardized Tests

Most U.S. colleges and universities require that you take one or more standardized admissions tests in order to gain entrance into their programs. SAT, ACT, GRE, MCAT, LSAT, TOEFL, IELTS – it’s like alphabet soup! We can provide you with further information about the various tests, what you need to do in order to prepare for, sign up for and do well on the appropriate standardized tests.

For students preparing to apply to colleges, we offer test preparation advice to help you prepare for any standardized tests you need to take.

Application Process

The application process for US colleges and universities can be extensive and confusing, and many international students are intimidated by the number of steps required. From SATs, TOEFL and other tests, to essay writing, credential evaluation and more, we have created an easy-to-follow timeline and breakdown to help you through the application process.

You will need to send original or certified copies of your home country’s credentials as part of your application. You must also submit a copy of any terminating or qualifying examination results or certificates.

All documents written in a foreign language must be accompanied by a notarized English translation. Please note that both documents are required—the original in your first language and the English translation.

Credential Evaluators

School curriculum varies by country, not only in language but also in practice. Many schools accepting students from other countries require the official status of your school and need to verify the authenticity of documents. This is where credential evaluators come in. Your school may require you to submit transcripts to a credential evaluator who will examine your credentials and translate the documents into your host country curriculum for review.

As an international student, one thing you need to consider that US students don’t is the matter of Student Visa. You may want to visit our Student visa page to familiarize yourself with the type of visa for which you will need to apply.


Students may be able to start in Spring (April –June ), Summer (June- August) , Fall (September - December), Winter ( January – March )

Academic qualification:

Students must have 3.00 minimum for general category of universities and 3.3 to 4.5 CGPA for the best category of universities or a 1st class degrees from Bangladesh

International First Year Applicants

Applicants can study during the Spring, Winter, and Fall semesters.


Fall 2018 Early Decision*

    Application Deadline
  • Mid June
  • Decision Notification
  • Mid July
  • Enrollment Deposit
  • End July

Spring 2019

    Application Deadline
  • Mid February
  • Decision Notification
  • First March
  • Enrollment Deposit Deadline
  • Mid March

    Winter Regular 2019
  • First September
  • Decision Notification
  • Mid October
  • Enrollment Deposit Deadline
  • Last November

    Summer Regular 2019
  • First April
  • Decision Notification
  • Mid April
  • Enrollment Deposit Deadline
  • First May

*Early Decision is a binding program, which requires you to withdraw applications to all other colleges if you are accepted to Bentley.

**Regular Decision is the best option for students who would like more time to make their commitment to enroll.


If an individual is not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States they will need a permit to work, officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), to prove eligibility to work in the U.S. It is the responsibility of both parties to show and require proof of legal employment status. Foreign Nationals Permitted to Work in the U.S.

There are several categories of foreign workers permitted to work in the United States including permanent immigrant workers, temporary (non-immigrant) workers, and student and exchange workers. The categories of workers permitted to work in the U.S. include:

  • Citizen of the United States
  • Noncitizen national of the United States
  • Lawful permanent resident
  • An alien authorized to work

Foreign workers who may be authorized to work in the U.S. include:

Temporary (non-immigrant) Workers

A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Non-immigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their non-immigrant visa was issued.

Permanent (Immigrant) Workers

A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.

Students and Exchange Visitors

Students may, under certain circumstances, be allowed to work in the United States. However, they must obtain permission from an authorized official at their school.

The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors. Exchange visitors may be eligible to work temporarily in the U.S. via the exchange visitor visa program.

  • Someone usually must file an immigrant petition for you (often referred to as sponsoring or petitioning for you). In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.
  • After USCIS approves the immigrant petition, and there is a visa available in your category, you file either a Green Card application with USCIS or a visa application with the U.S. Department of State.
  • You go to a biometrics appointment to provide fingerprints, photos, and a signature.
  • You go to an interview.
  • You receive a decision on your application.


You must have adequate, demonstrable financial support to live and study in the United States. Visa applications are generally stronger if the financial support comes from family, employers, or other institutional sponsors located in the home country. If your parents will pay for your education, be ready to document how your family gets its income. Bring a letter from your parents' employers stating what they do, how long they have worked at those organizations, and how much they earn. When visa officers see information that is contradictory or does not make sense, they do not grant visas. If your family can only show enough income to support you in the United States, the officer will become suspicious.

Large sums of money in bank accounts may not be sufficient proof of financial support. When providing information about your bank accounts, ask someone at your bank for a letter that states how long the account has existed, and what the average balance in the account has been. That should convince the visa officer that you and your family have a long and stable history of business at the bank.

“Intent to Return”

Most student and exchange visitor visa applications are approved. The most common reason for a student or exchange visitor application to be denied is that the person applying for the visa has not proven to the Visa Officer that they will return to their country when they complete their studies in the U.S.A. This rule is called Section 214.b. To determine your "intent to return" home, the visa officer will ask you a series of questions about your connections to your home country and about your study plans. You will have to demonstrate to the officer that your family has the ability to pay for the first year of your proposed stay in the United States and that you have realistic plans to finance the remainder of your education. You must have all of the required forms with you including your I-20 or DS-2019 and the SEVIS payment receipt. You should bring any financial documents to demonstrate how you will pay for your education and any documents that might help demonstrate why you will return to your country. Some examples of such documents are previous passports demonstrating travel abroad, bank or salary statements, family documents or student records.

If you are denied a visa there may be something you can do to reverse the denial. You may appeal the decision. In most cases, you will need to provide additional documentation that was not presented with the initial application. In some cases, a visa officer may request additional documents like proof of employment, or ownership of a home or business. You should respond with the information requested.

A fax or email from your U.S. school to the embassy or consulate in your city containing details about your qualifications, and requesting reconsideration, can be helpful in pursuing a successful appeal. Faxes should be addressed to the Chief of Nonimmigrant Visas at the Consular post in question. Fax and telephone numbers are available on the page of the Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for the visa on the Department of State web site at Look under “Contact Us. A full-time student would receive an F-1 or M-1 visa. Your spouse and children would receive F-2 or M-2 visas.

An Exchange Visitor would receive a J-1 visa. Exchange Visitors come to the USA for consultation, training, research or teaching, or for an approved Au Pair or temporary work position.

Related Video